Fashion always seems to surprise me. I never thought I’d see the day when bell-bottom pants made their way back into the spotlight. But then again, trends that go out of style eventually circle around and find themselves back on top, right? So what is causing this spring’s bell-bottoms trend?
Spring 2015 runway shows were filled with pieces inspired by the era. Classic flared pants were seen everywhere from Gucci to Acne, thus making it a huge trend this season.
Flared denim goes perfectly with a ruffled top, a fringe book bag, and platform sandals. You can’t do 70’s bell-bottoms without a few boho touches, so accessorize with a flower statement. The great thing about this trend is that you can go from business to causal look. Tuck a button-down shirt into flared pants, then add a blazer over top to create a business casual look. Add a sleek bag and some cool shades to give off that.
Are you convinced by now, because this trend Is happening whether we like It or not. It’s time to go to the mall and get yourself pair of bell-bottoms. I would love to know how would you style bell-bottoms?
Outfit: Silviatcherassi Bag: Strathberry Shoes: Steve Madden
There’s so much to love about a knit dress this fall. In all different textures and weights, formfitting or oversized, these cozy knits keep you comfortable through the day and into the night. Stock up on these classic styles that you’ll want to bring back every year.
The easiest way to show a little leg and stay cosy at the same time is by wearing a knitted dress. For added warmth, pair it with tights or pop your favourite winter coat on top, which can be removed once inside. Choose from a form fitting style or a relaxed version; you really can’t go wrong here, and a bonus is that this style looks good with most shoes.
The great thing about the sweater dress is that you can wear it however you prefer, with whatever you want, and whenever you like, in endless textures, patterns and styles, and in countless colours. You can accessorise freely, and on cold days you can use it as a base for cozy layers. So there are lots of cool ways to work this look for fall or winter.
For a different vibe, stay with a loose fit, but ditch the thick knit in favour of a more sheer consistency, and team it with a blazer or a faux fur coat. Offset any tendency to over-smooth matters with opaque or patterned tights, and perhaps layer it further with over-the-knee socks.
Outfit: Gracile Rivas Bag: Chanel Shoes: Jimmy Choo
One trend we’ll never get sick of. What do you wear on days where you don’t feel like trying trends? For me the answer is easy pairing my favorite sneak with basic dresses or shirts. Thought You couldn’t pull off a dress with Sneakers? Think again. Is feminine, sexy sheaths, and sporty skirts can all work when paired with just the right footwear. And not only will you earn major style points for thinking outside the box, your feet will be blister free.
No matter what kind of sneakers you settle on, there are a few basic principles for how to wear sneakers you should abide by. Always:
• Buy sneakers that suit your current wardrobe: What good does it do to buy the latest style if it doesn’t suit your style? Don’t hop on the trend train just because it’s passing through.
• Choose shoes that complement what you already have, not shoes that require you to repurchase your entire wardrobe.
• Wear them to the right occasions (don’t go too casual):
• Sneakers are incredibly versatile, but they’re no substitute for dress shoes. You can get away with sneakers with any off-duty outfit – and perhaps even some casual, unstructured suits – but they’re not meant for every occasion. Err on the side of overdressed rather than underdressed.
• Keep them clean: It doesn’t matter how cool your sneakers are, the effect will be lost if they’re not spick-and-span. Proper sneaker maintenance includes washing the laces, eliminating odours, brushing the outsoles, and using shoe trees and sneaker shields.
If, like me, you’re running around all day and wearing a dress. I’m wearing an NA-Kd one here. You aren’t also going to want to wear heels in the middle of the day. So whether you’re going to a casual picnic in the grass or running errands around the city, any low-top sneaker is really the way to go here.
Dress: NA-KD Bag: Prada Sneaker: Adidas Originals Sunglass: Ray Ban